What is a Dietitian?
Dietitians have specialist training in the field of nutrition. They can help you to translate scientific information regarding health and nutrition into practical information about healthy eating and healthy food choices. A dietitian can also assist you to make dietary modifications necessary to help manage or treat a number of medical conditions.
Who will benefit from consulting a Dietitian?
- Anyone wanting to make positive changes to their current nutritional intake
- Someone needing to gain more understanding of dietary management of their medical condition(s)
- A new medical diagnosis requiring dietary modifications
- Anyone with an undesirable body weight – too high or too low
- Someone wanting a periodic review of their dietary practices
Most common nutrition related issues discussed:
- Sports and performance nutrition
- Food allergy and intolerance, in particular FODMAP intolerance
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Body composition analysis
- Weight management
- General healthy eating and family nutrition
- Diabetes, Insulin Resistance or Impaired glucose tolerance
- Heart related health
- Pregnancy and antenatal nutrition
- Vegetarian eating